1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Conditions of Entry. Entry into this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Conditions of Entry. Entry is via https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Furlong
2. Entry is free and open to UK residents only, aged 18 years or over at the time of entry who complete, in full, the entry form available at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Furlong during the promotional period. Employees, Promoters, Agencies and Suppliers, and their immediate families, associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter.
3. The promotion commences on the 29 May 2012 at 9am and closes on the 31 July 2012 at 17.30pm. To enter the promotion, eligible entrants must complete the entry form available at https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Furlong during the promotional period. No entry received after this period will be accepted for any reason.
4. Whilst no purchase is necessary, to be eligible, entrants must become part of the Furlong community by signing up to receive the Furlong e-newsletters. Entrants can only enter in their own name. The Promoter, The Furlong, reserves the right to request proof of residency at the stated address and identification for verification (to the Promoter’s satisfaction at it’s discretion) before issuing the prize. Incomplete, incomprehensible entries or entries submitted using an automated method will be deemed invalid. Entries containing and/or depicting illegal, sexually explicit or morally or racially offensive content will be ineligible to win. The Promoter’s decision to disqualify an entry is final and no correspondence will be entered into. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
5. The winner will be drawn by a Furlong representative on 1st August 2012 at The Furlong Shopping Centre, Ringwood, BH24 1AT. All valid entries will form a pool of entrants, the winner will be chosen at random using the tool at www.random.org for that pool of entrants. The winner will be notified by post and email following the judging (within 24 hours of the closing date). Their name and entry will be published on www.thefurlong.co.uk and via our social networks. Names of the winners (first name, last initial and county of residence) may also be announced in the Furlong e-newsletter.
6. The Promoter may award the prize to the second chosen entry if the prize remains unclaimed within a 1 month period after the prize notification is sent by email and post. In this event the second winner will be subject to the same terms and conditions of the first.
7. The prize winning eligible entry will win a shopping trip worth £300. This is made up of £200 to spend in Joules at the Furlong, £100 Furlong Vouchers to spend in any store (All shops participating in the voucher scheme with the exception of Waitrose), plus afternoon tea for two at the Boston Tea Party. All parts must be used on the selected day and Joules voucher can only be used at the Furlong store. Entrants can select a maximum of 50 friends to share their shopping trip with as part of entering the competition. Each friend chosen will add an additional entry into the draw. If the advertised prize is not available for any reason, the promoter reserves the right to offer and alternative prize of equal value.
8. Additional spending money, meals, transport to and from the Furlong and all other ancillary costs (that are not outlined as inclusions in the itinerary of the winning trip) , are the responsibility of the winner.
9. The shopping trip must be booked at least 2 weeks before the date of the trip, and used within 3 months of competition closing otherwise it will be deemed to be forfeited by the winner. Once booked, a representative will meet you at the Furlong with the vouchers that make up the shopping trip.
10. All components of the prize must be taken together or otherwise are deemed to be forfeited. The prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other Furlong or third party discounts or special offers.
11. The prize is valued at £300. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in the prize value. The prize, or any unused portion of the prize, is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash. The prize cannot be transferred to another person.
12. In the event of war, terrorism, state of emergency, disaster or any other circumstance beyond the control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to either provide an alternative date or, subject to any applicable laws or written directions made under applicable legislation, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion.
13. The Promoter will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the prize except for any liability, which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures. Tax implications may arise from the receipt or use of a prize. Independent financial advice should be sought. It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the Promoter in its absolute discretion.
14. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned because of infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of the Promoter which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion subject to any written directions under applicable legislation. The Promoter also reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
15. The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this promotion.
16. All entries and any copyright subsisting in the entries become and remain the property of the Promoter. The Promoter collects contact information about entrants in order to contact them about the promotion and where appropriate award prizes and may also use the information to assist the Promoter in improving goods and services and to contact entrants in the future with special offers via any medium including mail and commercial electronic messages. If you do not provide the information, you cannot participate.
17. The laws of the UK apply to this promotion to the exclusion of any other law. Entrants submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the UK.
18. The Promoter is The Furlong Shopping Centre, Ringwood, BH24 1AT.