AGA Ringwood are delighted to Sponsor this event on the 23rd June 2012, in aid of the local charity, Diverse Abilities Plus….(reg no 282197). All proceeds will go to the charity and we hope that many customers will enter and / or buy the entries at the end of the competition to support DAP. Any further donations will be most acceptable! You do NOT have to bake in an AGA to enter – any cooker can be used!
Do not worry about the standard, size or appearance of your entries – it’s all about joining in and raising money for this great charity!! Also, have a look at the DAP Scrumptious Home Baking Book – it’s got some fabulous recipes in there!
Entry fee – 50p per entry – to go to Diverse Abilities Plus – we will be collecting this on receipt of the entry form. If 6 classes are entered the 7th class entry is FREE!
Call in the the AGA store at the furlong to get your entry form
(all AGA prizes are in the form of AGA Cookware Vouchers to be redeemed at AGA Ringwood) –
1st prize – £8, 2nd prize £5, 3rd prize £3
The overall Champion of the Open Classes will win selection of AGA Royal Blue Jubilee Cast Iron worth over £175!
The overall Childrens Champion will win a selection of Special Prizes from AGA!
1) A Victoria Sponge – (3 egg recipe) – Sponsored by Callula Beauty – win 20% off any treatment!
2) 6 pieces of shortbread – Sponsored by Phase Eight – win a lovely Ladies scarf!
3) 6 Cheese Scones – Sponsored by The Furlong Centre – win a £25 voucher to be used in participating Furlong shops
4) 6 chocolate brownies – Sponsored by Specsavers – win a £25 voucher!
5) A Savoury Quiche -7-9 inch diameter (to be exhibited on a plate, not in a flan tin or dish as it will be sold for the charity after judging) – Sponsored By Grants Estate Agents – win a bottle of Champagne!
6) 6 White Bread Rolls – Sponsor to be confirmed
7) A Pie – savoury or sweet (to be served on / in a disposable container as they cannot be returned as it will be sold off for the charity after judging) – Sponsored by Boston Tea Party – win a £20 voucher for 2!
8) A Decorated Cake – Patriotic Themed – Sponsored by Joules – win a £25 voucher!
Children’s classes _ ( 5- 12 years)
9) 6 fairy / cupcakes – Sponsor to be confirmed
10) 6 rock cakes – Sponsor to be confirmed
11) 6 biscuits or cookies – either a) My Favourite Things or b) For an Extra Terrestrial – Sponsor to be confirmed
12) A Decorated Cake – Patriotic Themed – Sponsored by Toys of Ringwood – win a Mystery Prize!
Sponsored by Furlong Furniture – win a £25 voucher!
13) A Family Fruit Cake – Mary Berry Page 104 The AGA Book or recipe to be supplied by shop
14) A loaf of White Bread
Rules Entries from non-professionals only please – this is for charity! You may only enter once in each class. Entries will be judged on taste / flavour, texture, skill / effort, appearance, relevance to category theme / creativity. The Judges decision is final – there is no appeal process. All entry forms to be returned to AGA Ringwood by 2pm 21st June 2012.(no late entries). All entry fees to be paid in cash into the DAP charity box – (please bring correct money as we cannot issue change). All class entries must be on a paper plate or disposable cake board and be completely covered with cling film.(We cannot take entries on any other plates / containers). All entries are to be donated for sale at the AGA Shop Ringwood on the day, proceeds to DAP. The cake sale will commence at approximately 2.00pm. Any unsold entries may be donated to AGA customers who will be asked to donate to DAP for a sample tasting! All other proceeds to DAP. All entry forms must be filled in with full address, tel no and Name – children’s entries must be signed by a parent and have childs age written on form.( for relevant consideration). AGA reserves the right to limit the numbers of entries per class. All entries must be brought to The AGA Shop Ringwood between 9– 10.30am on the 23rd June 2012. All completed entry forms are deemed to accept the Rules as defined above. AGA Rangemaster employees are not permitted to enter. Photographs taken at the event may be used for Marketing Purposes. If you so require, a photograph permission form will be available. image courtesy of Sweet Dream Events – Event Styling and Sweet Bars